PRIVATE YACHT REGISTRATION UNDER SIERRA LEONE FLAG
The procedure for registration of PRIVATE YACHT consists of two stages:
PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF PRIVATE YACHT IN SIERRA LEONE
Registration of yacht under Sierra Leone Maritime Administration is governed by the Merchant Shipping Act 2003. In accordance with This Act, Provisional registration of yachts under Sierra Leone is valid for six months. During this time the Ship owner or his Representative is expected to submit all required documents for Permanent registration.
The following documents in copies required for Private Yacht Provisional registration:
- Application Form for Registration .pdf - Duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Certificate of Incorporation and Document in which shows who are the owners – For applications by a company. Copy of Passport – For application by individuals.
- Proof of Title in form of notarized Bill of sale (if Ownership changed) OR notarized Builders Certificate (if New Build)
- Copy of previous statutory certificates (if available)
- Copy of previous Registration Certificate or Yacht Club certificate.
- KYC Form .pdf
PERMANENT REGISTRATION OF PRIVATE YACHT IN SIERRA LEONE
The validity of Permanent Certificates under Sierra Leone is three (3) years counted from the date of 1st Provisional Certificate.The following Documentation should be submitted within 180 days from the date of first Provisional Registration for the Permanent Registration of yacht under Sierra Leone flag and the issuance of Permanent Certificates:
- Original Application for Registration of a Yacht duly signed by owner or applicant who is authorized by the owner. Note* If the application was not applied by the owner, the owner should provide an Authorization Letter to the person who applied on behalf of the owner stating the relationship of the authorized person.
- Original Certificate of Deletion from the previous registry
- Original Proof of Title in form of Original notarized or certified true copy of the Original Notarized Bill of Sale (showing the transfer of ownership) or original notarized Builder’s Certificate (if New Build)
- Copies of all statutory certificates issued by recognized organizations on behalf of SLMARAD (if any)
HOW TO APPLY FOR YACHT REGISTRATION
You can send the following Application form as your request for registration of private yacht to our address email@example.com