The procedure for registration of a yacht under the flag of the Union of Comoros consists of two stages:
PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF YACHT IN COMOROS
According to the Merchant Shipping Code, 1989, the provisional registration of pleasure yachts is valid for 6 months. During this term, the owner or his representative provides all the documents necessary for the permanent registration of the yacht.
The following documents required for Provisional Yacht registration:
- Completed Application Form for registration signed and stamped by the Owner Company.
- A copy of the Bill of Sale with a notarized signature of a representative of the Seller Company (copy) or registration of the Bill of Sale in our office.
- A copy of the New Owner's Certificate of Good Standing
- A copy of the confirmation from the Classification Society about the acceptance of the yacht under supervision.
- A copy of the confirmation from the Radio Company about the acceptance of the yacht for service.
- Copies of previous Flag Certificates (Registration Certificate, Radio License and Certificate of Minimum Safe Manning).
- A copy of the yacht's Deletion Certificate from the previous registry or NEC Certificate under the yacht's existing flag.
PERMANENT REGISTRATION OF YACHT IN COMOROS
- Originals and also printed copies of documents listed in the list for provisional registration are required.
Please note that documents must be in English or accompanied by an appropriate translation to English.