IMMARBE also accepts vessels to be registered for a short period under special circumstances such as one delivery voyage for scrap.
Procedures for special registration allow for documents to be issued with a validity of three months and automatic expiration when this period elapses. This special status does not entitle the vessel to a Deletion Certificate.
For the purpose to register a vessel for a short period the details of the intended voyage plan is required( including the name of the port, country of departure and arrival, duration of one delivery voyage) and also the following should be provided for the proposed special delivery voyage:
- Application form for Registration completed in its entirety duly signed by the Owner
- Official document proving ownership of the vessel (i.e. Bill of Sale duly signed and notarized)
- Power of attorney appointing a shipping agent in Belize
- Application Form for Minimum Safe Manning
- Application for the CRAs for crew members on board the delivery voyage
- Application for Bunker Certificate along with the Blue Card for the issuance of the Bunker Certificate (vessel over 1000gt) (if applicable)
- Confirmation from recognized Classification Society about vessel acceptance under its supervision
- Letter of Confirmation from the authorized radio accounting entity undertaking the payment of the vessel’s radio accounts.
- Document to evidence the vessel will be demolish (for vessels who will be scrapped)
- Payment of appropriate fees
CONDITIONS FOR FISHING VESSELS ONLY
Once the certificates are issued (patent of navigation and ship station license) they will be conditioned for this specific voyage and the condition will also state that
“THIS VESSEL SHOULD NOT ENGAGED IN ANY TYPE OF FISHING ACTIVITY DURING THIS DELIVERY VOYAGE”.