PROCEDURE FOR SPECIAL SHIP REGISTRATION (single voyage, under tow, scrap) UNDER FLAG OF UNION OF COMOROS
Vessels can be registered for a short period under special circumstances such as single voyage non-commercial trading or scrapping purpose in ballast. Procedures for special registration allow for documents to be issued with a VALIDITY of 6 months and it expires automatically upon vessel’s arrival at designated port or on the expiry date of certificates, whichever occurs first and earlier.
- Completed Application form for registration with ship owner's signature and stamp
- Signed Bill of Sale & Acceptance of sale or Declaration of Ownership (court decision, auction deed or other similar document) The notary, lawyer, consul, or any other official authority must verify the signatures of both Seller and Buyer in the Bill of Sale.
- Good-Standing Certificate
- Non-Encumbrance or Deletion Certificate from previous registry (if required)
- Copies of Registration Certificates from previous flag
- Towing Company Profile (if applicable)
- Tug Particulars (if applicable)
- Survey Report for Towing (if applicable)
- Towing Plan (if applicable)
Special registration can be made only in case of non-commercial trading for only one delivery voyage and/or scrapping purpose.
In case of special registration for ship’s trading for one single voyage, one voyage permission letter issued by Head Office is required. One voyage permission letter will be issued by Maritime Administration based on Seaworthiness Certificate issued by RO.