Provisional registration means the issuance of Provisional Patent of Navigation and Provisional Ship Station License with validity of 6 months.
Provisional registration is effected by the means of providing of necessary documents by fax/e-mail and entitles to navigate without delaying in vessel operations while You have good possibility to submit all documents for permanent registration under flag of Belize as requested.
The copies of the following documentation is required:
- Request for confirmation of availability of vessel's name
- Application for Registration of Ships form duly completed and signed by the applicant. One application for each vessel is required. This application includes the necessary information for the issuance of a Provisional Ship Station License.
- Proof of Ownership in the form of a Bill of Sale, Auction Document or Builder's Certificate
- Power of Attorney appointing a shipping agent in Belize
- Valid Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate (where applicable)
- International Tonnage Certificate (where applicable)
- Proof of compliance with ISM Code-Copy of Document of Compliance and Safety Management Certificate (where applicable)
- Application for Minimum Safe Manning Certificate
- Applications for the Endorsements of Licenses for all officers
- Letter of confirmation from an authorized radio accounting entity undertaking the payment of vessel's radio accounts
- Payments of the respective fees for ship registration.
Permanent Registration can be effected at any time during the provisional registration period upon submission of the necessary documentation together with the applicable fees.
The following documentation is required:
- Original or certified true copy of a duly notarized Bill of Sale, Judicial Sale Instrument or Builder Certificate.
- Original Deletion Certificate from previous registry.
- Original or certified true copy of the Power of Attorney appointing a shipping agent in Belize.
- Copies of all valid statutory certificates issued by a Recognized Organization on behalf of the Government of Belize, including the ITC, DOC, SMC, ILLC, CSSRC, etc.,
- Application form for Maritime Ship Station License duly completed.
- International Tonnage Certificate issued by a Recognized Organization on behalf of the Government of Belize (where applicable)
- Copies of Document of Compliance and Safety Management Certificate issued by a recognized organization on behalf of the Government of Belize (where applicable)
Please note that all the documents submitted must be in the English language or, if they are in a foreign language, they must be accompanied by an official translation thereof.
If an original is to be submitted, a notary public or other recognized and authorized public official must certify the authenticity of the signature(s) that appear(s) on the document as well as the authority of the person(s) executing the document.
If a photocopy is to be submitted, a notary public or other recognized and authorized public official must certify the authenticity of the signature(s) that appear on the document as well as the authority of the person(s) executing the document, and must certify that the document is a true copy of its original.
Our Deputy Registrar is authorized by Registry to perform as certifying officials for such purposes.