PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION UNDER UNION OF COMOROS
Provisional registration means the issuance of Provisional Patent of Navigation and Provisional Ship Station License with validity of 6 months. For provisional registration under the flag of Union of Comoros the copies of the following documentation is required:
- Completed Application Form for registration, stamped and signed by ship owners.
- Notarized Bill of Sale or Declaration of Ownership. In case that the ownership under the flag will be the same as under ship’s existing flag, a copy of the last Bill of Sale is required. In this Bill of Sale the signature of sellers must be identified. Required Bill of Sale should be authenticated as “certified true copy of the original one” by a Notary, approved Lawyer, Consul, Registrar or any other official authority. In case that a new Bill of Sale is executed and consequently the ownership under the flag will be a different one than the owner under existing flag, this Bill of Sale is required. In this Bill of Sale a Notary, Lawyer, Consul, Registrar or any other official authority must verify the signatures of both Seller(s). Executing of Bill of Sale can be conducted in our office of Deputy Registrar. In case of new build vessel Builders Certificate must be submitted.
- Good-Standing Certificate
- Non-Encumbrance or Deletion Certificate (if required)
- Confirmation of Class Society
- A fax confirmation should be send directly to our company by Classification Society confirming that they will issue its Class & Trading certificates under the flag upon the completion of its registration and surveys.
- Confirmation from Radio Accounting Authority. Fax confirmation addressed to Maritime Administration of Union of Comoros must be sent directly from Radio Traffic Accounting Authority confirming that the vessel is in contract with them.
- Confirmation P&I Club. Fax confirmation addressed to Maritime Administration of Union of Comoros must be sent directly from vessel"s P&I club confirming that the vessel has been insured.
- International Tonnage Certificate (ITC’69) under the existing flag is required.
- Copies of Previous Flag's Registration Certificates
- ISM Certificates. The ISM Certificates DOC and SMC can be issued by Flag Administration directly. If ISM Code is applicable for your vessel, copies of existing DOC and SMC certificates of it required to be submitted
- Copy of Management Agreement between Ship owners and Company Manager
- Application form for Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR)
- Application form for Company Security Officer (CSO) signed by Applicant
- Confirmation of Ship’s Classification Society for ISPS Code. The International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC) can be issued by Flag Administration directly. A fax confirmation should be sent directly to our company by the ship’s Classification Society confirming that they will issue its Class & Trading certificates under the flag upon the completion of its registration and surveys.
- Copy of Continuous Synopsis Record from previous flag
Within six months from the date of Provisional Registration of the vessel, the following documents must be delivered to our address in original in order to proceed Permanent Registration:
Application form for registration
Original or Certified true copy of notarized Bill of Sale
Deletion Certificate from previous Flag
Ships Carving and Making note Filled in, signed and stamped by class surveyor
Radio installation survey report Filled in, signed & Stamped by Class Surveyor and vessel operator / master
Additionally following certificates should be provided in copies:
Valid Class & Statutory Certificates, SMC
DOC of Company responsible for operation
CSR from the previous flag indicating the date that the vessel was deleted from the registry